Pages

Tuesday

Hayley Mills Coincidence Changed Her Life

Hayley MillsHayley Mills reckons a text, sent on her behalf, was life a life changing moment, and it happened all by chance - a coincidence if you like.

I've always had a philosophy that 'you never know what's round the next corner.' A coincidence could well change any or our lives dramatically.

In Hayley's case, purely by chance, she was spotted on a Eurotrain by actress, and ex Britain's Got Talent judge, Amanda Holden.

Amanda was starring, at the time, in a popular UK series Wild At Heart and recognised Hayley. She straight away texted the show's producers saying, "Wouldn't it be wonderful if Hayley Mills played my mother in the show?"

The rest as they say is history. Hayley can now be seen on UK television on Sunday evenings playing the role in Wild At Heart.


Hayley said, "I love this job and I love being in Africa. I love the show, I love the character and I love all the people I am working with. It doesn’t get any better than this."

Amanda spotting Hayley on a train turned out to be an important moment. As I said: You never know what's round the corner.

A young Hayley MillsOn the left a photo of a young Hayley Mills. Perhaps best known for her late 50s and 60s classic films such as Pollyanna, for which she won an Academy Juvenile Award and Whistle Down The Wind.

Hayley was born 18 April 1946 in London, her parents being John Mills and Mary Hayley Bell. Her sister is the actress Juliet Mills.

She is still appearing in the UK television series Wild At Heart, as mentioned above. Amanda Holden though has now left to do other things.

This post was first published on my other blog 67 Not Out two years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Things do seem to happen like this, being in the right place at the right time for instance. It's a good principle to believe that something good is around the corner as you suggest.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. A synchronicity can change everything in seconds. I remember reading this one on your blog - it's a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete